Do you want your football website to:
- get more traffic, and
- make more money?
Football Media is here to help. Since 2006 we have been helping football fans just like you to drive millions of readers to their websites every month and and earn five-figure annual profits from their passion – i.e. football. It’s not easy, and it’s not a magic pill that you can take overnight, but it’s possible, we’re living proof of it, and we can help you do the same.
What does FM Offer?
We offer a platform for bloggers and entrepreneurs to grow their business and make it profitable (you can read more about Football Media’s guiding principles here).
Specifically, we provide you support in the following areas:
- Technical – from webhosting to site design and development, at cost.
- Content – unlimited access to our pool of football writers to help you add a regular stream of quality articles to your site.
- Marketing -we help promote your website through search engines, social media networks and our own network of football media contacts.
- Monetization – we negotiate ad deals on your behalf with premium advertisers and share existing ad campaigns on the network that are already making our publishers money.
Common Publisher Questions
Q. How do publishers make money?
A. Publishers earn revenues through several means – display (banner) advertising, content placement, affiliate products, site / competition / event sponsorships and even by selling their own products.
As a result of our large publisher base and our close relations with advertisers, we can negotiate better advertising rates than what brands usually offer for individual websites.
Q. How does the network make money?
A. The network charges a commission for all advertising deals that they negotiate for your website. The more money you make, the more money the network makes, and vice versa.
Profits are split 50-50 between the publisher and the network. For premium publishers (websites with more than 5 million pageviews per month), we offer a more favourable profit-sharing structure.
Q. What are the publishers’ responsibilities?
A. We expect the publisher to work closely with us in growing traffic to their website by following our advice and by putting in the time and effort necessary to make their business a success. We pledge to do our best to help you make the most out of your site – and we expect you to do the same.
Q. Who owns the website?
A. The publisher owns their website 100%.
Q. What type of ads / content will go on the publisher sites?
A. The publisher reserves the right to reject any type of ads or content on their website. We work with major product companies, sportsbooks, travel, technology and media brands to deliver the most relevant advertising to our sites, and in all cases we will work closely with the publisher to deliver only those ads that they are comfortable showing to their audiences.
In terms of content, we often engage in article cross-promotion between sites on the network and all sites are expect to participate and benefit from this exercise.
Q. What type of promotion help can you offer?
A. FM has extensive experience in search engine marketing and social media marketing, plus thanks to Soccerlens.com we also have very good relationships with the football blogging and football media industry. All of the network’s resources are put to use towards promoting each of our sites.
Specifically we will provide advice and implementation on helping your site get more traffic from search engines, on helping you build and leverage your social media profiles and exposure to the top websites and journalists in the online football industry.
Q. What type of technical support do you provide?
A. We provide access to a pool of qualified resources – writers, designers, programmers – that publishers can avail to help improve their websites. On a case by case basis we also provide web hosting and premium technical support, although in practice this is reserved for sites where we own the domain name and business 100% (while the publisher receives 50% of all profits generated from the website).
We’ve answered the most common questions publishers ask in our Publishers FAQ. If you still have any further queries use the form at the end of this page to get in touch.
Ready to Join?
If you’re interested in joining us, please use the form at the end to answer the questions below. The more details you provide us with, the faster and more accurately we can respond to your proposal. If you have any questions / if you need clarifications on any point mentioned (or not mentioned) above, please let us know as well.
Try to provide the latest numbers where possible – i.e. numbers for the last full month.
- Site Name / URL
- Average monthly traffic (unique visitors and pageviews)
- Current site revenues / expenses
- Are you listed on any of the following aggregators (NewsNow / Google News / YardBarker)?
- Your twitter / facebook presence (links)
- Do you run a podcast / video web show? If yes, what are your daily download numbers / average view count per show?
- Some background information about your site – starting date, # of writers, main objectives, etc
- How are you currently making money from your site? Mention all that apply (display ads, text links, affiliate products, your own products, sponsorship(site / podcast), selling content).
- What are you looking for from Football Media? How can we help you?